home about projects services contact

Thursday, October 13, 2011

San Francisco Fleet Week 2011

Last weekend I had the opportunity to attend the amazing air show during Fleet Week over the San Francisco Bay.

We met our group at the Emery Cove Yacht Harbor on a beautiful blue sky morning.


Looking down the pier at all of the pleasure boats, fishing boats, and yachts is so picturesque...


our ride for the day...


It has been many years since I last attended the Fleet Week airshow and I was very excited to board and head out to the bay. On our way out of the harbor I was reminded of this valuable virtue...


Heading out to the bay...


The fog clung to the Golden Gate bridge for most of the morning...


Then the airshow began. I wish I had a better camera to capture the incredible air stunts that were performed, but we were so close, and the planes were so fast, by the time I snapped a photo they were already gone!


Looks like a flock of birds in the sky. How do they fly in such a tight formation?...amazing!

The MOST beautiful backdrop. I don't usually get to see the city from this view...


A wonderful day spent with friends and family. If you ever have a chance to attend Fleet Week...take it! Especially out on a boat in the San Francisco Bay...lovely!



Coming tomorrow...my San Francisco/Vintage Airplane inspired Roomscape!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
01 09 10