home about projects services contact

Monday, December 5, 2011

Holiday Tablescapes…


I am a little behind on my holiday decorating, since I was out of town last weekend.
I was very excited to go on a girls getaway in Truckee, Ca. - located near beautiful Lake Tahoe.

Truckee Photos
Truckee, Ca.
We were planning on skiing but since there was no snow - we just spent our time hanging out, shopping, eating,  and catching up!
We talked about our holiday plans…and how much we had left to do to get ready for hosting family and friends.  So, I thought I would post some holiday tablescapes to inspire you - and myself - to get going.
I want to keep things simple as possible this year…a good idea since I am starting a little bit later than usual.

Tablescapes, Christmas decor,holiday frills

I love the this simple runner of champagne flutes with a single sprig of greenery…and low glass votives.

Pinned Image

This is a beautiful runner of candles, paperwhites, and silver painted pinecones. Although, you would have to remove some of the items to make room for serving platters while dining.

Pinned Image

I like the use of the natural pine boughs and pinecones on this centerpiece. I collected lots of pinecones last weekend, and plan to use them on my own table this year.

Pinned Image

I love the red and white on this table. The glass candle holders, and cloches create sparkle along with the crystal stemware. Notice the use of the red ribbon running along the length of the table…creating its own runner on a simple white table cloth.

Pinned Image

Another table with red and white décor. I especially like the way they added the green napkins and natural greenery to the centerpiece made of red ornaments, piled high upon a white ceramic pedestal.

Easy holiday table decor

Running taper candles down the center of the table is a simple and charming way to decorate. No need to remove them during your holiday dinner. I love the way candles create a warm glow and how the flames reflect on all of the shiny ornaments and dishes.
Here’s another example…

Pinned Image

Now, I think I am almost ready to create my own Christmas Tablescape…after I finish decorating my tree, and mantel, and front porch…

How will you be decking out your table?

all images via Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
01 09 10