home about projects services contact

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Spotlight…Screen Doors


As the weather warms up during Spring, I love being able to open up the house to let in the breeze and fresh outdoor air.

What better way to do just that…

Pinned Image

As I was growing up, we always had a screen door on our front door, and on our sliding doors to the backyard. I loved being able to open both, and let the fresh air flow through the entire house.

After browsing the internet, I have found some beautiful doors available and some stylish new ways to use screen doors that I have never seen before…

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Besides the beautiful Northern California weather, the other inspiration for this post was found along the curb on my nightly walk…

image

Can you believe someone was throwing this beautiful door out?! Can you also believe that I made my son drive me over in his truck to pick it up and “save” it? Yes, of course you can. It has obviously been sitting in their yard for a while…and there is a small tear in the screen…but look at all of the beautiful detail...

image

It is made of solid wood, and still has the brass knob and self closing hinges attached. I love the sound of a screen door that bangs shut! I am not even sure if it will work on any of my door openings…perhaps I can use it at my lake cabin. For now, it rests in my garage while we all patiently navigate around it (not my husbands strongest suit – thank you Gary!). No matter, it will definitely find a new home somewhere!

Now, I need to figure out just what to do with this beauty…any ideas?

Pinned Image





12 comments:

  1. Great find. I love screen doors, especially when they have character. Otherwise I think it's best to paint them so they disappear. I think this one would look fantastic in a bright color, but it's hard to say without seeing the whole front of the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I just came across your blog :) I love screened porches. There something about them that makes them so inviting.

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You definitely scored!! I love screen doors too. We have two in our house in WA - where we are not living at the moment :( I miss them!! One of them is on the door that opens onto the upstairs balcony off the master bedroom. I loved to lie in bed and feel the breeze coming through the screen door.

    Great pics too - my favorite is the kitchen with the green chairs and the lovely black screen door. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much fun! I love your find! Those are some amazing pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your screen door find!
    Screen doors are romantic and classic. My favorite is the door painted black in the
    black and white entry. This reminds me of my grandmothers farmhouse.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You could give it to me. :)

    Awesome find! Use it On a side door.

    Laura@cookiecrumbsandsawdust.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! Can you make it into an interior door to a closet or pantry! So you can look at it every day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe someone was going to throw it away. I know you'll find a gorgeous place for it, Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too love opening the screen door on a warm spring day to let the breeze in. We haven't been able to do that since we moved to NM...too much dust and heavy wind. Hopefully we can get back in the habit in SD. What a pretty screen door you found, i love all of the carved details, I can't believe someone was throwing it away, lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really? It’s such a beautiful door! Maybe the previous owner wasn’t so much into stylish things, or maybe he/she got another one which looks much better. I hope it’s the latter. Anyway, have you found where it’s supposed to be placed? :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing such type of helpful and informative information. We at Oz Automatic Gates Repair have been providing exceptional service for the Los Angeles area for many years. We have become one of the top garage door installations and repair company. We have earned our reputation by providing unique customer service and delivering high-quality results to our customers. We work with a reliable manufacturer to bring you the highest quality garage gate replacement parts.
    Oz Automatic Gates Repair goals are to continue maintaining our company's reputation. We build up a long-lasting relationship with our clients by providing trustworthy and authentic commercial and residential garage door repair services

    ReplyDelete

 
01 09 10