home about projects services contact

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Chalkboard Art…


The use of chalkboard paint is everywhere these days…just browse sites like Pinterest and Etsy and you will find many creative projects using this fun and versatile paint medium.

I am currently loving the look of chalkboard art typography like this…

Pinned Image

I like the idea of having a chalkboard “canvas” that can be changed regularly…for the seasons, events, and even meals…



01_rect540

Of course, one could not talk about chalkboard art and typography without mentioning the incredibly talented artist Dana Tanamachi.


Dana is a graphic designer and custom chalk letterer who hails from the Lone Star State, but currently resides in Brooklyn, New York.
Currently, Dana works full time as a custom chalk letterer and has been commissioned by clients such as West Elm, Rugby Ralph Lauren, Google, The Ace Hotel, Adidas, EveryDay with Rachael Ray, Lululemon Athletica, and Garden & Gun Magazine.
Visit Dana’s site here to see more of her beautiful chalkboard art, and you can even watch several time-lapse videos that show the entire process of creating some of her projects. So interesting and inspiring!






Now I am on the hunt for a cool new frame to create my own chalkboard canvas. I would love to find an ornate vintage frame like the one pictured here…

Pinned Image
I think a trip to a few of my favorite consignment and thrift stores is in my near future!


Do you like the look of chalkboard art and typography?
Have you used chalkboard paint on any projects in your home?



5 comments:

  1. We have one in our kitchen and I love it. Wish I was artistic enough to create those awesome letters however! Our youngest has entire wall in her room...currently hosting her countdown to graduation calendar...so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura,

    I've always been a fan of chalkboard art, just never able to recreate it myself. My penmenship is terrible and even worse on a vertical surface. I admire any artist with chalk talent.

    Thanks for sharing,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always thought having a chalkboard wall in a kitchen or office area would be fun - although I always wonder how well it cleans when you erase.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish my chalkboard writing was that cool! I will have to work on it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love changing out my chalk board! I wish my writing looked as good as the ones you featured! I found an old picture/frame and used spray chalk paint. It turned out great. I have a tutorial at Shabby Sweet Tea. Just like you, I'm on the hunt for an ornate frame. I want to create another chalk board for my office.

    ReplyDelete

 
01 09 10