home about projects services contact

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The antique dresser is finished…finally!


Nothing like having 15 members of your family and friends over for dinner to motivate you to finish a project…especially when that project is sitting in the middle of your front room!


image
 
 
I have been working on this antique dresser for far too long – see original post here - but the effort has paid off! I love the way it looks in my master bedroom.
 
Remember how it looked before…
 
 
image
 
 
Here is how it looks now…
 
 
image
 
 
This beautiful dresser has been sitting, waiting, patiently, in my garage for its makeover. I purchased some Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Paris Gray and gave it a fresh new look. After two coats of the Paris Gray, I did just a little bit of distressing, then finished with the Annie Sloan clear wax.
 
 
image
 
 
I left the original hardware on because I love the style and look of the patina. I also love the original wooden casters…
 
 
image
 
 
I set a large mirror, that I have had for years, on top and love the look of it just leaning against the wall. Not sure if I will leave it gold…but it works for now.
 
 
image
 
 
I will be using this dresser to hold my jewelry and quickly filled it up and styled the top with some of my favorite things…
 
 
image
 
 
 
image



image
 
 
 
image
 
 
So happy to have this done…and so pleased with the way it turned out!
 
 
image
 
 
Today, I am off to the market to shop for Thursday and prepare the house for our Thanksgiving dinner and guests. 
 
 
How are you enjoying the Thanksgiving holiday this year?


Sharing at...Serenity Now, Classy Clutter
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. After searching for casters for our coffee table I can really appreciate what a prize those are! You would pay a pretty penny for anything that cool...love that they are wood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks wonderful Laura, I am off to Ventura to see my whole family, thank you for working, I hope you get some business!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous, Laura! I also love the 3-tiered silver piece on top of the dresser and how you are using it for jewelry AND your two-toned purple drapes. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks beautiful Laura and I love the mirror with it and the way you styled it! What a great find. I love the casters too--it looks beautiful with all the old hardware.

    -Lane

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just noticed and commented on your first post about this back in September. I'm a bit behind in my reading. The dresser turned out beautifully, Laura! I love how all the details pop! Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete

 
01 09 10