home about projects services contact

Thursday, August 22, 2013

My Fiddle Leaf Fig…


Look what I bought today…


image
 
Inspired by the many beautiful images of this great looking house plant…
 
 
 
oversized woven baskets / fiddle leaf fig trees
 
 
 
I decided to give it a try. The reason I say this is because if you know anything about Fiddle Leaf Figs…you know that they are very temperamental and not the easiest houseplant to maintain.
 
I have read many a blog post asking for advice on how to keep this from happening…
 
 
Sorry Tiffany!
 
I dropped mine into a big brass bucket and placed it in a sunny corner of my hallway…
 
image
 
He should be happy here, under the skylight…
 
image
 
I have read that Fiddles like as much indirect light as possible. I think the watering habits will be the tricky part. For now, he is happy and healthy…
 
image
Wish me luck!
 
 
Not so sure you are ready to take on a Fiddle Leaf Fig? Stay tuned for my next post…
 
 
 
image
 
I will give you the names of
10 Easy Care Houseplants that don’t need much to stay happy and healthy!
 
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Yours is gorgeous...I love how it is more of a tree than mine. Mine is more of a potted plant. The brass pot is so cool too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect spot right by a skylight! It should be very happy there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck, Laura! It's beautiful I had one of those 'help' posts recently, mine gets lots of indirect light, but I think you'r right about watering being key. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want an actual tree!! Love it and no worries!! It is all about sharing the failures and successes in blog land!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a gorgeous plant! When I add one to my home this is what I'll be getting, had never really taken note of these before now, but love the oversized leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found your blog via Tiffany.
    Very little water and more sunlight than you would expect and it will thrive.. Since I started neglecting my nearly dead Fig, the leaves are coming in like crazy!

    ReplyDelete

 
01 09 10