home about projects services contact

Friday, October 4, 2013

A perfect day for soup…


I am fighting a nasty head cold today…so I spent some time browsing my Pinterest board Fabulous Food for some soup recipes. Here are some of my favorites…


pumpkin soup with sage & bacon
 
 
 
crock-pot tomato-basil parmesan soup
 
 
 
CHICKEN POT PIE SOUP   2 cup chicken, cooked and diced 3 Tbsp unsalted butter 1/2 yellow onion, diced 3 celery stalks, diced 1 cup fresh broccoli florets, chopped 1/4 cup all purpose flour 3/4 cup chicken broth 1 cup heavy cream 1 cup milk (I used skim) pinch of crushed red pepper flakes 1 tsp kosher salt 1/2 tsp ground black pepper 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded 1/2 package pie crust (I used Pillsbury), thawed
 
 
 
Creamy Slow Cooker Tortellini Soup
 
 
 
Creamy Broccoli-White Bean Soup
 
 
 
30 minute buffalo chicken soup.
 
 
 
Looks like its time to break out the Crock Pot! Just add some crusty bread…or even a grilled Panini on the side…and you have an easy/yummy dinner. My son bought me this for my birthday a couple of weeks ago and I love it!
 
Off to the market to buy ingredients (and more tissue…sniff, sniff).
 
 
Happy Friday!
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I love soup, it's my favorite!! feel better....xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love soup this time of year. Hope you get to feeling better soon!!

    ReplyDelete

 
01 09 10