home about projects services contact

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

The Painted Basket…


This is my first DIY project of 2014!


image


I started with a $3.00 basket that I found at a local thrift store…


image
 
 
I found my inspiration from the Threshold Spring 2014 collection at Target
 
Threshold™ Color Block Round Woven Basket - 15x15"

Next step…grab my Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Old White…


image
 
 
I just painted a wide strip around the top of the basket…inside and out. I did not even tape it off…just eyed it. It doesn’t have to be perfect. I did use a smaller, craft brush to get into the crevices of the basket weave…
 
 
image
 
 
Then finish with a light coat of Annie Sloan Soft Wax in Clear – and buff with a clean rag…
 
 
image
 
 
Done! It makes the perfect little laundry basket in my new walk in closet…
 
 
image
 
 
As I posted the above photo…I realized that I have not even shared my (mostly) finished walk in closet project and after photos. Consider this a sneak peek!
 
 
Chalk Paint can be used on almost any surface...wood, glass, fabric, leather, and woven baskets! It truly is amazing stuff. See this post for more info on all the things you can paint with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.

This was such an easy and quick project...I even did it at the kitchen table on Sunday while watching football. Go 49ers!


Sharing at ~ Serenity Now,




 

4 comments:

  1. The basket looks great and I'm loving the closet sneak peak!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks great-I tried doing this on a small box made out of the same material, and I think it just looked messy. not sure if it was the brush or the paint! and wowzers, what a closet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks great! What a nice update. Can't wait to see the before/after on the closet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! What a deal on that basket- and it looks just like the Threshold one! Pinning :)

    ReplyDelete

 
01 09 10